Sparke Helmore City Triathlon
Event InfoSun 10 Nov 2024
Event Information TBC for 2024.
If this is your first triathlon or you are looking for some tips, check out this link from TriNSW. If you like what you see and enjoy the event, why not consider joining a club. There are Hunter Clubs in Newcastle, Maitland, Port Stephens, Singleton and Scone.
|School Age 7-9y||100m||2.5km||500m||7-9y|
|School Age 10-11y||150||5km||1000m||10-11y|
|School Age 12-13y||250m||5km||2.5km||12-13y|
|School Age 14+||375m||10km||2.5km||14+|
Entry Fees (not including processing fee or One Day Licence)
|Event||Early Bird Entry 1 July - 1 Sept 2023||Standard Entry 2 Sept - 29 Oct 2023||Late Entry (if not sold out) 30 Oct - 11 Nov 2023|
|Sprint Relay Team 2-3 pers||$185||$195||$255|
|Enticer Relay Team 2-3 pers||$155||$165||$185|
|Junior/School Age Tri (14y+)||$55||$65||$75|
Junior/School Age Tri Relay Team 2-3 pers (12y+)
|Junior/School Age Tri (7-13y)||$35||$45||$55|
Junior/School Age Tri Relay Team 2-3 pers (7-11y)
INSURANCE & ONE DAY LICENCE
Everyone who enters and races at the event will have a level of insurance either as an annual Premium or Standard member of Triathlon Australia or as a Triathlon Australia One Day License holder.
To become a member of Triathlon Australia visit their website at www.triathlon.org.au
There are many benefits including connection with your local club, qualified coaches and insurance for all your training and racing.
To find your local club, click here.
If you are not a Triathlon Australia Member for the season in which you are racing, you will need a One Day License.
One Day Licenses are automatically added to your entry at time of purchase if you do not enter a valid Triathlon Australia number at an additional cost.
One Day Licence (ODL) is a means by which participants who are not Triathlon Australia Annual Members, contribute to the costs of running the sport of triathlon and multisport in Australia.
It also ensures they are covered by an appropriate level of insurance while they are participating at events.
Race Kit Collection
Race registration is where you confirm to officials you will be racing and then you will collect all official race number and kit required to race.
Race registration and race kit collection will take place at the race compound at Camp Shortland next to Nobbys Beach, off Wharf Rd, Newcastle on Saturday 11 Nov from 10.00am to 4.30pm and Sunday 12 Nov from 5.30am to 9.30am. Please bring your phone for our easy QR code check in.
Please note: You must be registered at least 45 minutes prior to your race start.
Please bring your phone for quick check in and collection. There is a secure bag area.
One team member can pick up the race kits for the whole team.
Once you have been identified you will be issued with your race kit containing:
- Swim cap which must be worn by the swimmer.
- Race bib number.
- Bike security stickers.
- Electronic timing band (Note: a fee of $50.00 per timing band will be charged if these are not returned after the race).
- Your purchased souvenir event shirt (if you purchased one)
If you arrive after the start of the Triathlon, care should be taken when crossing any part of the course and you will only be able to cross at the designated crossing areas around Foreshore Park when instructed by marshals.
Only participants will be permitted to enter the transition area on race day.
The Newcastle CityTriathlon is run under the rules of Triathlon Australia. For information about these rules please visit Triathlon Australia on www.triathlon.org.au or contact the Event Director, Paul Humphreys at firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a non drafting race which means that participants must not form packs in the cycle leg and should remain at least 7 metres behind the front wheel of the bike in front (except when passing).
Categories and Age Groups
Individuals who wish to be acknowledged as representing a business, club, school or association must complete that section of the entry form.
A mixed team must consist of both males and females.
Age categories will be determined in years as at 31 December 2023.
INDIVIDUAL SPRINT DISTANCE TRIATHLON
All individual categories are male and female.
Age Groups are from 14-19, then 20-24, 25-29 etc in 5 year groups until 70+ years.
INDIVIDUAL ENTICER DISTANCE TRIATHLON
Age Groups are from 12-19, then 20-24, 25-29 etc in 5 year groups until 70+ years.
INDIVIDUAL Junior/SCHOOLS age DISTANCE TRIATHLONS
Ages 7-13y (individual and relay) will only recieve a time and there will be no place awards allocated. Only participation points will be allocated to the club/school totals.There are no performance points allocated.
Ages 14y+ will recieve a time and there will be performance points allocated for clubs or schools listed as follows:
30 points for 1st Place
29 points for 2nd Place
Ongoing until Place 29, after which all placings receive one point towards the club/school total.
Specific relay team categories are below male, female and mixed.
Your safety during the race is of paramount importance. Participants are advised to prepare adequately for the event.
- You should drink plenty of water before and during the event and apply sunscreen before the race
- Marshals will be placed on the course to direct and assist you, however it is your responsibility to familiarise yourself with the course. Please note while the cycle course is closed to traffic, normal road rules do apply to this event.
- First Aid will be available at the race compound
- During the swim leg, you may rest on a buoy but you must not move forward. If in trouble, raise your hand for assistance. All swims are inside Newcastle Harbour.
- During the cycle leg approved helmets must be working properly. When cornering, please consider your speed and other participants. Special care to be taken at the new raised areas along Shortland Esplanade. We do not recommend aerobars for this event due to the technical cycle course.
- Drink plenty of water whilst riding or running. On the run you should wear a hat and use the drink station to re-hydrate.
- If you are having physical difficulties, please advise a marshal.